The CrossFit Games competition started in 2007 and has been getting bigger and more competitive every year. The 4th Annual CrossFit games is just around the corner so the sectional and regional qualifiers have been taking place all across the world. This weekend kicks off the Southern California Sectional Qualifying round . The competition will be held at UCLA's Drake Stadium on the beautiful UCLA Campus located in Westwood, CA. Several hundred competitors are scheduled to compete in this weekend's qualifier but only 20 men and 20 women will qualify for the next round of competition.
Here's a complete schedule of the event:
Saturday (March 13)
6:00 - 7:15am - Athlete arrival and late registration
7:30am - MANDATORY pre-event athlete meeting
8:00am - WOD 1 Start
1:30pm - WOD 2 Start
7:30pm - Announcement of WOD 3
Sunday (March 14)
7:15 - 8:30am - Athlete arrival and check-in
9:00am - WOD #3 Start
1:00pm - Top 20 Men & Women Announced
- Spectators are welcome - both pre-registered and walk-ins. If you are walking in, it would be helpful if you bring cash - $50 at the door.
- Children under 12 are FREE.
- NO DOGS (or animals) allowed at Drake Stadium.
- The ONLY place to park is at the designated areas on the map - Parking Lot 6 & 7. Cost is $10 per day.
- Commemorative apparel available for purchase.
- Food concessions will be available and have been asked to provide Paleo options, though we can't be sure it will happen. No cooking on-site.
- Water will be available for purchase, but you'd be well advised to bring your own.
- Athletes must provide their own chalk.
Click here for more information about participating or attending the event.